Thursday, 16 April 2009

SHOT NO 30, by Anthony Sides


"This is where I've been spending my money on - on him - and it didn't do any good. He turned out a good cat. The vet said that he was an old gentleman. I've still got Lucy. I'm not putting her through what I've put him through."

This quiet slow small life I've made - recovering - supposedly - or like these aged people in cafe.

Hopes of you in leaf-shadow under froths of blossom and forsythia, and cool shadow under dark trees growing in damp soil - romping again - more energy and volume and I love your loveliness and you owe me nothing - I am glad to be there with you as much as I can be - spring is for you, equinox girl. OK, maybe I'll say it 1st. Maybe.

The vast spaghetti plantations in the Po valley the sun making thin straight stripes of shadow.



No comments: